It’s easy to become a volunteer, the hardest part is deciding what you want to do.
Volunteering is freely providing your services, skill and experience to assist others in the community. Anyone who has some spare time and is interested in making a difference in people’s lives and/or providing services to the community can be a volunteer.
Examples of volunteer work available
- Community Transport Driver (local and long distance transport)
- Meals on Wheels delivery
- Assisting clients weekly on the shopping bus
- Assisting people with arts, crafts, and woodwork
- Cooking for our activity program or special events
- Assisting with recreational activities
FAQs About Volunteering
It’s a great way to:
- Learn or practice new skills
- Meet new people
- Make new friends
- Share knowledge and interests
- Gain work experience
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Stay active and engaged in your community; and
- Have fun!
What are my responsibilities?
- To do the best job you can
- Be punctual
- Undertake what you agree to do
- Let the coordinator know if you are unable to work
- Respect the privacy of people you work with
- Support other volunteers
- Be a good team member; and
- Know your own limitations (e.g. time, physical needs, family commitments).
How can I become a volunteer?
To become a volunteer, an initial interview is required as well as the completion of an application form and signing of the organisation’s Code of Conduct and Privacy Statement.
A National Police Check is compulsory for volunteers at Moree Care. A First Aid Certificate and Medical check is also required for our volunteer drivers. Moree Care meets the cost of these checks/certificates following acceptance of your application.
People receiving a Centrelink benefit
Moree Care is a registered Voluntary Work host organisation with Centrelink. For some types of Centrelink benefits you may be able to volunteer with us and earn points.
Volunteering with Moree Care gives you the opportunity to gain valuable skills that will improve your employment prospects and support your local community.
Speak to us today or speak to your Job Network provider about joining our volunteer workforce.
How to contact us
Before contacting us, we recommend you read through our volunteering FAQs (above). To make an appointment, or for further information on volunteering at Moree Care contact the Services Manager on 1300 593 113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.